There is a new blog, 365 Ways to Save Money. This will be a site to keep your eyes on. It just got started but eventually it will have ways to save money every day of the year. You will find ideas to save money in many areas including how to save money on utilities which will help you to reduce your utility bills.
The blog has a simple and bright design. In addition to saving money on utility bills you will finding ways to save money on transportation, shopping, housing, debts, and much more on the blog, 365 Ways to Save Money.
There is nothing like being wet and cold to prompt the heat being turned up. There are a few things to do to make taking a shower in the winter more comfortable even if you have the heat turned down to reduce utility bills.
Here are some ideas:
- Use a small space heater to warm up the bathroom before your shower. Be sure to remove it and turn it off before you get the water turned on, especially if you have a small bathroom.
- Run the water for a little while with the door shut. The steam will heat up the bathroom.
- Dry yourself thoroughly and you will feel warm. If you have long or thick hair, keep it wrapped in a towel to avoid it dripping and to absorb as much water as possible.
- Bring your clothes into the bathroom. Getting dressed in the bathroom will be warmer than dressing in the colder parts of the house. Be careful clothes don’t get wet or fall on the damp bathmat.
- Purchase an extra thick robe if you have to go from the shower or bath to another room to dress.
- If possible and safe, dry your hair with a hair dryer before leaving the bathroom. Focus on the hair next to the scalp and if you have long hair, if you can let the top layer dry on its own.
- Use slippers to keep your feet warm.
- Take a shower as close to the warmest part of the day as possible.
- Use a small space heater in the room you are changing in.
Even if you do turn up your heat for a little while around the time you shower, it is still better than having it up all the time. Just remember to turn it back down when the shower is over.